Introduction

I'll try to keep this post short and sweet. My name is Matt, and I like to tinker with small electronics and retro tech. Some of my more favorite topics of interests are electronics of the early 1970's through the late 80's. I've been wanting to make a blog to document my progress on some of my projects, so here it is. When I was a kid, I thought I wanted to be some sort of programmer, but quickly realized I was more drawn to the physical aspect of hardware. I've spent the last five years working as a pharmacy technician, and the last three working on prerequisites to get into pharmacy school. I only just realized, however, I want to be an engineer of some kind (better late than never, I guess). Not sure why it took me this long to realize something I've known all along. I try to stay away from phrases like "self-taught" but that seems to fit the bill, so please excuse the use of non-technical terms or unorthodox methods. Most of what I will be posting will be me sharing my learning process rather than a proper how-to. I welcome the experience of others. I live with my girlfriend and our cat Myrtle. I like vinyl and coffee and mustard on my hotdogs.